Article by Inova
- 48% of people said that they have experienced a mental health problem in their current job (according to Mind).
- According to a study in 2020 up to 78% of employees commonly experience work related stress, making it the most common form of stress in the UK.
- Women aged 25-34 are the most likely to experience workplace stress or anxiety in the UK.
- Women in full-time work are twice as likely to have a health problem than men.
How can we stay motivated at work?
Motivation can be difficult in all areas of life, but many of us struggle feeling motivated at work. Particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic, employees may experience lapses in motivation and managers are wondering “how do I keep my employees engaged and motivated?”. Here are our tips!
10 things that motivate employees at work:
- The chance to make an impact
- Learning something new
- Having fun
- Working with great people
- Continuous improvement
- Helping others succeed
- Empowering others
- The feeling of progress
- Giving back to the community
- Great working environment
How many of these can you say motivates you?
Things you can do as a team leader/manager:
- Offer challenging work
- Boost team spirit
- Monthly team building activities
- Employee recognition
- Check on the mental health of your employees
You can also ask your employees directly – what motivates them?