Article by Edit Value
Companies increasingly perceive the benefits of workplace exercise as a priority investment in corporate well-being. It is believed that the result of this investment is success, both financially and in terms of the quality of work. Thus, investing in health in organizations is a strategy for the company to stand out in the market in a positive way and to achieve greater profitability.
Gymnastics in the workplace consists of the practice of short-term physical exercises by employees during their workday. It consists of a quick intervention lasting, approximately, 10 to 15 minutes, performed in the workplace under the supervision of professionals specialized for this purpose.
The exercises are based on breathing techniques, stretching, body control and perception, postural re-education, and muscle compensation, avoiding the onset of occupational diseases and the appearance of pain and injuries.
Gymnastics in the workplace brings benefits to the muscular, physiological, cardiac and respiratory systems. The exercises promote the warming up of the muscles that will be requested during the execution of the work tasks. Thus, the employee awakens and is more willing to face the day. In addition, it interrupts the operational monotony and compensates for repetitive efforts.
There are several types of labor gymnastics, such as:
- Preparatory Workplace Gymnastics: physical exercises performed before the beginning of the workday, with the objective of preparing the employee for his or her task by warming up the muscle groups that will be requested and awakening them. This type of exercise also increases blood circulation and improve oxygenation of the muscles.
- Compensatory Workplace Gymnastics: this exercise is done during the workday, with the purpose of improving circulation, with the removal of metabolic waste, modify posture at work, stretch overloaded muscles, replenish glycogen deposits and prevent muscle fatigue.
- Corrective Gymnastics in the Workplace: aimed at individuals with non-pathological morphological deficiencies. Its objective is to lengthen the muscles that are short and shorten those that are stretched, re-establishing muscular antagonism through specific exercises
- Maintenance or Conservation Gymnastics in the Workplace: applied for the maintenance of people’s morphological balance. It is performed before work, during lunch breaks or equivalent.
- Chill out Workplace Gymnastics: is performed after the workday, when the employee can rest, calm down and relax before going home. Its objective is stress reduction and tension relief.
Relaxation Workplace Gymnastics: its objective is relaxation, integration, socialization among workers, motivation for work and breaking monotony. Group physical activities and team relaxation activities are carried out.