Article by Materahub
Workplace fatigue isn’t just being physically tired but also being mentally exhausted.
Feeling tired at work means having less energy and motivation, not being able to concentrate and stay organized, this can affect your life too.
The best thing to do is to take action and analyze the causes of work fatigue in order to stop being tired at work.
Work fatigue is defined by the Mayo Clinic as “unrelenting exhaustion that isn’t relieved by rest, a nearly constant state of weariness that develops over time, reducing your energy, motivation, and concentration.” It is a state of tiredness that can influence other aspects of your life and makes it harder to focus, some of the causes is a lack of adequate sleep, insufficient downtime, the changing nature of work in terms of hours and remote work, the main problem is that from work fatigue is easy to hit burnout. There are some ways to overcome work fatigue and find new energy that helps you to feel satisfied at work and more productive.
Here are some useful tips:
1. Working during your peak productive hours means finding your body’s natural rhythm and working during the hours when you are most alert by scheduling tasks when your energy is higher.
2. Manage your motivation by changing up your workspace to reduce clutter and make it more action-oriented, by implementing five minutes rules to avoid procrastinating on a project, this helps to create some routines to signal to your brain that it’s time to start something new.
3. Take more breaks during the day when your body needs to rest. It can be some gym exercise or a nap, or a coffee with colleagues.
4. Set limits on your working time to have more time for hobbies and interests that can make you feel more creative, focused, and even more productive the next day.
5. Develop a meditation routine or yoga to decrease the stress and anxiety that lead to work fatigue, it takes only a few minutes to restore your mind and body.
If you try to incorporate those exercise and meditation techniques into your daily routine, you can naturally boost energy and increase positivity, feeling more rested and better able to tackle whatever your day throws at you.